Google Indic Keyboard for PC is a virtual keyboard which allows its users to use their native language while typing. Although it supports only a few major languages, especially Indian languages it is still a highly useful application. It has a very simplistic and highly constructive interface which means it is quite easy to use. You can even spell out the words from your original language in English and it automatically changes the words to that language.
Furthermore, you can customize and set your keyboard using different themes and layouts along with a variety of colour. The application is developed and designed for Android devices. Although this application does not have a version for your compute, however, you can still download Google Indic Keyboard for PC, Windows 7,8,10 and Mac OS
Languages Supported By Google Indic Keyboard
English Keyboard, Assamese keyboard, Bengali Keyboard, Gujarati Keybaord, Hindi Keyboard, Kannada Keyboard, Malayalam Keyboard, Marathi keyboard, Odia keyboard, Punjabi keyboard, Tamil keyboard, Telugu Keyboard are the languages you can use with this keyboard.
- Users can also type out words by swiping their fingers across the screen.
- Translates messages from other people.
- Type out words in English and the app will translate them automatically.
- Simple and easy-to-use interface.
- Highly reliable.
How to Set the Keyboard as Your Default Keyboard
- First of all, launch the keyboard on your smart device.
- Next, open “settings”.
- Secondly, select “Language and input” option.
- Thirdly Click on “keyboard and input”. After that click on “current keyboard”.
- After that, select the “Indic Keyboard”.
- Lastly, when typing in an input box, you can also change the default input method by clicking on the keyboard icon on the bottom right corner of the screen.
How to Install and Download Google Indic Keyboard for PC, Mac and Windows 7,8,10
To download Google Indic Keyboard on our computer, Windows 7,8,10 and Mac OS, we will download and install an Android Emulator on our PC first. The emulator we will be using to install the application is BlueStacks or NoxPlayer. You can use either of them or you can even opt for a different emulator such as KOPlayer, MEmu, e.t.c.
The emulator will help us in gaining access to the google play store since Google Indic Keyboard for PC can only be installed from the store because its an Android application. Other than that, you can also use the APK method with the emulator. But this is more required when the application is not found on the google play store.
Download and Install BlueStacks to Install Google Indic Keyboard
- Firstly download the BlueStacks emulator using the linked guide.
- Next, launch the emulator on your computer.
- Following, locate the search bar on the emulator’s home page.
- OR, click on the google play store extension which you will also find on the home page.
- Now search for the Google Indic Keyboard app.
- From the list of similar applications which appears on your screen, select the app.
- And click on install to download it on your PC.
- Finally, locate and launch Google Indic Keyboard by clicking on the app icon.
- Lastly, enjoy the app on a bigger screen.
Download and Install NoxPlayer for the Installation of Google Indic Keyboard for Windows
- First, we will download the NoxPlayer Android emulator from its official website.
- After that, launch the emulator on your PC, Mac and Windows 7, 8, 10.
- Once you launch it, type and search for Google Indic Keyboard on the emulator’s search bar.
- In another case, you can also directly open the play store search bar by clicking on its extension.
- Once you search for the app, a list of apps related to your search result will appear.
- Click on Google Indic Keyboard and then click on install.
- Lastly, locate, launch and enjoy using your new keyboard on a bigger screen.